Delhi University Admissions 2015-16 Reservations Criteria :-
The Delhi University is leading university of India which is known for his academic sports and other cultural activities. Every thousands of students are get enrolled in DU for their higher. DU has distribute seats among the Categories, quota. The Delhi University has reserved the seats for Gen/OBC/ST/SC/PWD/ Armed force/foreign/sports quota students.
DU Admissions 2015-16 Reservations Criteria
Reservation of Seats for Scheduled Caste / Tribe Candidates
• 22½ % of the total numbers of seats are reserved for candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribes.
(15% for Scheduled Caste and 7½% for Scheduled Tribes, interchangeable, if necessary). It is a statutory obligation on the part of Colleges to fill all seats reserved for Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe candidates.
- The Colleges shall not refuse admission to any SC/ST candidate on the basis of medium of instruction. Any deficiency in the knowledge of any particular language should be removed, remedial classes for which may be arranged by utilizing grants that are available from University Grants Commission.
• Relaxation to the extent of 5% in the minimum marks will be given to the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribes to determine their eligibility and merit for admission to the course concerned.
• In case, after giving 5% relaxation, the reserved seats still remain vacant, further relaxation would be given to the
extent required in order to fill up all the reserved seats.(AC Resolution A88, 14.6.1983) (EC Resolution 157, 24121.2001).
Note: SC/ST students who get admission under open merit will not be included in the reserved quota i.e. 22.5%.
Reservation of Seats for Other Backward Classes (OBC)
27% seats will be reserved for the candidates belonging to OBC.
• At the time of giving admission to an OBC candidate, the College will ensure that the caste is included in the Central List of OBC. The certificate mention non-creamy layer status of the candidate.
• The OBC candidates shall be given a relaxation of 10% in the minimum eligibility marks of the said course and in the admission entrance test 10% of the minimum eligibility marks prescribed for General Category candidates.
• It is a statutory obligation on the part of Colleges to fill all seats reserved OBC candidates.
• The Colleges shall not refuse admission to any OBC candidate on the basis of medium of instruction.Any deficiency in the knowledge of any particular language should be removed, remedial classes for which may be arranged by utilizing grants that are available from University Grants Commission.
• If the seats meant for OBC remain vacant on the last date for admission, the same will be filled up by other eligible candidate.
Note: The merit list for the general category seats will comprise of all the candidates in the order of merit. No one will be excluded from the same. In other words, it will also include SC/ST/OBC/PwD candidates. If they come in general merit. The candidate cannot be excluded from the general category merit list
just because he belongs to SC/ST/OBC/PwD. Such a candidate is entitled to be considered under the general category, as well as under the reserved category.
Admission to open category seats will be strictly in the order of merit without excluding SC/ST/OBC/PwD candidates.
Reservation of Seats for Persons with Disabilities (PwD)
Three percent, (3%)seats in all undergraduate and postgraduate institutions(including professional and technical institutions)
will be reserved for candidates having minimum 40% physical disabilities
Reservation for Armed Forces
5% of the seats in each course have to be offered to the Children / Widows of Officers and Men of the Armed Forces including Para-Military Personnel, in the order of preference given below. Such candidates will be required to get their
names registered at Room No. 218, II Floor, New Administrative Block, North Campus, University of Delhi.
i. Widows / Wards of Defence personnel killed in action;
ii. Wards of serving personnel and ex-servicemen disabled in action;
iii. Widows / Wards of Defence personnel who died in peace time with death attributable to military service;
iv. Wards of Defence personnel disabled in peace time with disability attributable to military service;
v. Wards of Ex-servicemen personnel and serving personnel including police personnel who are in receipt of Gallantry Awards;
(Above categories are also applicable for Para Military Personnel )
Registration of Kashmiri Migrants
Candidates willing to be considered for admission under this catergory, should also get registered at Room No. 218, New Administrative Block, North Campus, University of Delhi.
Relaxation to the extent of 5% in the minimum marks in the aggregate or in the subject, as the case may be, will be given to the candidates of the above mentioned categories while determining their eligibility to the course concerned.
For purpose of registration, the candidates are required to submit their applications on a prescribed form available at the Registration Centre, along with two self-attested Photostat copies as well as the originals of the required certificates which will be returned to them after endorsement on the reverse of the original certificates.
In order to become eligible for the above concessions, the Children / Widows of the Officers and Jawans etc. will be required to submit the certificate of educational concessions (in original) from anyone of the following authorities:
• Secretary, Kendriya Sainik Board, Delhi
• Secretary, Rajya / Zila Sainik Board
• Officer-in-Charge, Record Office
• First-Class Stipendiary Magistrate
• Ministry of Home Affairs (For police personnel in receipt of Gallantry Awards).
The candidates applying under the categories of ‘Reservation for children of War Widows / Kashmiri Migrants’ must register separately online / offline through common pre-admission form if they wish to be considered under any other categories (Gen. / OBC / SC / ST / PwD).
Reservation of Seats for Foreign Students
All foreign students, including those who have completed their schooling from an Indian Board may be treated as Foreign Students for the purpose of their registration / admission in various departments and Colleges of the University and
they may be considered for admission under 5% quota prescribed for the foreign students. The Colleges / Departments are advised to keep a column of nationality in their admission form.
The foreign candidates seeking admission to undergraduate Courses should apply to Deputy Dean (Foreign Students), Conference Centre, University of Delhi-110007. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
It is mandatory for all the Colleges to provide sports facilities and encourage all students to participate in sports and extracurricular activities by introducing inter-class competitions and mass sports.
The existing provision of not more than 5% sports and ECA quota (subject- wise) be continued. The Colleges should be free to decide the actual number of seats to be filled on sports basis (not more than 5%) keeping in view the facilities
available, requirement of the College and other relevant factors.
The guidelines for Admissions under sports / ECA categories will be carried in accordance with the guidelines notified by the University from time to time.
for more details keep visiting our website www.duportal.in